Heads Will Roll

I am a bit surprised at the audacity of the Democratic Party.  In a week when off-year elections have proven that voters (even in New Jersey!) are fed up with the government expansion going on under the Obama-Pelosi-Reid socialist machine, the House of Representatives has decided to spend the weekend transgressing the Constitution by assuming unprecedented regulatory powers over the healthcare of all Americans. 

In doing so, Democrats have virtually handed Republicans a major victory next November.  And when it comes, it won’t be a moment too soon.

Advertisements

3 Responses to “Heads Will Roll”

  1. Ben Hoffman Says:

    Naaaa… the majority wanted health insurance reform and Republicans have been going against the wishes of the people. Republicans are going to lose even more seats in Congress next year.

  2. fenderpooh Says:

    We’ll see. But in the meantime, it looks to me like the angry town hall meetings over the summer and the dramatic (and I mean DRAMATIC) swings in Virginia and New Jersey from last year are signs of things to come.

    I can’t think of a single person, whether Democrat, Republican, or whatever, who opposes health insurance reform. But this 2,000 page monstrosity produced by the House is an unconstitutional government takeover that has nothing close to majority support among Americans.

  3. Luke A Says:

    Bend, a 220-215 victory on such a major piece of legislation? This is exactly what the founding fathers meant when they spoke of the “tyranny of the majority” (of course, they used other words). Thank goondess they had such foresight to try and protect us from such actions!

    “It is of great importance in a republic, not only to guard the society against the oppression of its rulers, but to guard one part of the society against the injustice of the other part.” Federalist #51.

    50.5% of legislators forcing their will on the other 49.5%? (Public opinion being about as equally divided) on a matter that will GREATLY affect 100% of Americans and 1/6th of the national economy? Sounds like tyranny to me!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: